Friday 16 October 2015

About this blog

I've recently been interested in the potential impacts that climate change will have on our food supply in the future. It seems to me that with global warming putting so much pressure on our planet, and the increase in population showing no signs of letting up, we are going to need to think about how to ensure food security for the global population in the future.

This blog forms part of the assessment for one of my environmental modules. I will be looking at what role Genetic Modification may, or may not, have in mitigating the impacts of climate change in the future. It is not going to be shouty for or against the debate, the reason I have chosen this topic is to explore it further and see whether or not GM could act as our 'secret weapon' to help beat climate change. 

I will examine articles, papers and other things which come to light about the GM debate and its role in climate change, and I have no strong views either way. After a few weeks of research and blogging, I might have some more views, but I think considering both sides of the story is a good place to start.





5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looking forward to reading how your opinion develops, given that it's such an important, yet controversial, topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it seems like a really interesting subject Holly. looking forward to your discussions :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your posts Holly :) As a quite pro-GM person myself I look forward to hearing about both sides of the argument and becoming more educated about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an interesting topic glad you're doing it! I'm anti-GM at the moment (...I think) so it'll be really interesting seeing which side of the fence you fall!

    ReplyDelete